There are many places to live in the large world in which we live. Most of the time people tend to live near their family and rarely venture off to a new area of the world. If you are adventurous and planning on moving to a new place that is vastly different from where you currently live, you may want to consider the UK to set up your new home. This article will highlight some of the best aspects of living in the UK that makes it better than anywhere else in the world.
1. Historical remains. The UK boasts many offerings to its inhabitants, one of which is a plethora of historical remains that are located throughout the country. In both the sprawling countryside and within bustling cities you can find some of the most magnificent historical landmarks that have been preserved for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. For example, if you lived in London you would likely be walking along and stumble upon Benjamin Franklin’s house, or old parts of the London Wall. If you are a history buff, the UK is for you!
2. Tiny villages. “Living off the grid” is becoming more and more popular as time progresses. With the over usage of smartphones and social media, some are finding that they want to disconnect from the world and move to a place that is more quaint and tranquil. The UK can offer a hybrid of this type of lifestyle. There are many tiny villages throughout the UK that offer a quieter, slower lifestyle than what you may find in a busy city. While living in a village will not take you completely off the grid, you will be able to disconnect from the hectic life of the city and slow down to live a quieter life; one in which you can disconnect from social media and instead enjoy the company of others that live and work around you. Some great villages to consider are Avebury, Port Isaac, or Staithes.
3. Greenhouses. The UK can offer great access to some of the best greenhouses in the world. Greenhouses are wonderful for those who are interested in growing their own produce or enjoy growing flowers and other plants that would benefit from greenhouse living. Whether you want a small or large greenhouse, you are likely to find what you are looking for in the UK. For starters, check out https://www.greenhousestores.co.uk/. For great areas to live that offer access to greenhouses, consider Todmorden as it is the greenest city in all of the UK.
4. Seaside towns. The UK has something for everyone and that includes beautiful seaside towns. A seaside town is a great option if you enjoy the oceanside and quiet in the off season but the hustle and bustle of tourists in the warm weather. Seaside towns offer friendly people, beautiful coastlines to explore and enjoy, as well as great food! Living close to the coast is great for those who have a hankering for fresh seafood and the cool sea breeze. Some great towns to consider are Brighton, Tintagel, or Cornwall.
5. National parks. Living in the UK will not leave you with a shortage of things to do. During your free time you can explore many national parks and enjoy exploring castles and museums with ancient artifacts. Whether you are in England, Wales, Ireland, or Scotland, you will be able to find something that suits your fancy.
Disclosure: This post was written by the client. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255